Overview on the Objectives of MEDIATION
- integrate, consolidate and enhance access to the existing knowledge in the proper context of local, regional and sectoral application, methods and data.
- further develop and improve methods in selected priority areas, such as cost-effectiveness analysis and vulnerability.
- bring available knowledge beyond the current fragmented stage, and provide links between common, generically available knowledge about methods to assess climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation options, and the needs of regional or sectoral decision-making.
- apply a systematic approach to developing a common methodological framework that integrates policy needs and the diversity in assessment approaches, both top-down and bottom-up.
- increase the understanding, management and communication of pertinent uncertainties to allow for more harmonized approaches in European research to support robust decision-making.